2011 DAY CAMP
MARK ALL PERSONAL ITEMS!
BE PREPARED to:
WORK: bring a folding table
PROTECT: set up an EZ up tent or tarp
REST: folding chairs, camp chairs, sit/upons or towels (each participant should provide their own)
HYDRATE: refillable water bottles (provided by each participant and LABELED)
REFRESH: coolers (Assign a parent to provide ice daily; freezing large juice bottles or empty 2 liter soda bottles words great and provides additional cold water!)
CLEAN: trash bags, hand santizier, wipes,paper towels, rags etc.
LEAVE NO TRACE: you bring it in, you pack it out
SET UP: Sunday, June 24th, 12 noon - 4pm in YOUR designated area.
Some leaders choose to decorate their
den area according to the camp theme or their den name. It’s your home
away from home for the week, do whatever you like to make it work for
you and your den.
Wagon or Rolling cooler. This is a great method for
holding all the projects that you will accumulate, as well as water
bottles, snacks, etc.
• Treats for Scouts (i.e. lollipops, licorice,
etc.) This helps while waiting for your turn at a station or other
times when you need them still for a short time.
• Sharpened pencils or pens.
• Masking or duct tape (you’d be surprised what you will tape!)
• Felt, markers or other supplies to decorate your den flag.
• Rank Handbook (Tiger, Wolf, Bear, or Webelos)
• Active (like beach balls, Frisbees, etc) and quiet (travel games, puzzles, coloring/activity books) toys for den time.
• Squirt bottles filled with water. Great for cooling off the boys on those really hot days.
• A large Rubbermaid like tote makes a good overnight storage solution for den items.
Rank & Achievement Trackers: If ALL scouts attend and participate in ALL activities, you may use one tracker per den. Otherwise each scout will need their own.
please go to station page
Den Boxes:--- is our communication tool to you!
--- full of administrative items for your den that are supplied by day camp.
--- can be found in the Crouse Building (HQ; at the top of the path from the restrooms)
---are to be returned at the close of camp each day to the Crouse Building
Den boxes will include:
• T-shirts for scouts (2 each) and adult volunteers
• Names tags (along with plastic bags and pins) for scouts and 4 & 5 day volunteers
• Wristbands for any "less than 4 day" volunteers
• 2 Sign-in Sheets (one copy to be signed by parents and turned in during opening ceremonies and one copy for your daily use)
• Sign-out Sheet (leave in your den box after all of your den has been picked-up and signed out)
• Master schedule
• Station map
• Emergency Plan map
• Emergency contact numbers
• Den Leader guide
Den Leader Helps