2011 DAY CAMP
Calling Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts and Youth Volunteers….
Come be a leader and have some fun this summer.
Harford Day Camp is always looking for enthusiastic youth to be a part of our staff! To be eligible, you must be at least 11 years old (have crossed over into Scouts). First time youth volunteers must obtain a letter of recommendation. Youth volunteers should have patience working with Cub Scouts and ready to have fun! Youth Staff work under the direction of our Senior Patrol Leaders and fill many roles at camp. You can make your preferences known during Youth Staff training, but start considering these opportunities:
ALL YOUTH STAFF, not currently a registered BSA member, MUST FILL OUT A BSA REGISTRATION
(for accountability, not membership purposes; fees will not be collected for non-interested youth.)
- Woodworking - help the cubs create a variety of wood crafts, including wood burning activities
- Water Games - If you like to get wet...this is the one for you!
- Campfire cooking - Everything tastes better cooked in the great outdoors!
- Sports - Love sports? Teach team sports to the cubs this summer.
- Arts & Crafts - Paint, paste, and other messy things...what's not to like?
- Science - STEM knows no vacation.
- Rocket building and launching - Webelos II will build and fly into the sky!
- 1st Responder - Safe and safety; what a perfect scouting activity.
- Den Chiefs - Assist, lead, and inspire young scouts!
- Tag-A-Long Helpers -Our littlest campers bring such joy and enthusiasm; what a great time you will have with our 3-5 year olds.
- Shooting Sports - Volunteers, 14 and older with a steady hand and a calm manner.
* Earn service hours for Scouts or School credit
* Get leadership experience
* Friends and Fellowship
* Cool Youth Staff T-shirt
* Loads of FUN!